Why A Strategic Plan?
“Did you know that the #1 reason that Leaders fail is the absence of a clear strategic direction?"
…..from 10.5 Reasons Why Even Top-Notch Executives Fail
by Mutchler and Herdlinger
Why do all organizations need a Strategic Plan that is executable?
1) “If we fail to plan, we plan to fail.” - Planning makes the future happen, but most leaders get tied up in the day to day running of their business, never making time to plan. Great leaders take the appropriate time needed for planning.
2) Create roadmap for success - Before anything becomes actually accomplished, it must be mentally accomplished. The mental exercise of creating a Strategic Plan begins the actualizing phase of the roadmap, leading to the success of the organization.
3) Template for decision making - The Strategic Plan includes the hierarchical ingredients that guide all participants to make proper decisions quickly and with conviction. This saves time and money in all organizations, allowing them to reach their destination quicker and with less investment.
4) Prioritize activity - Imagine all employees of an organization being able to decisively understand what tasks need to be accomplished and in what order. The Strategic Plan outlines who, does what, by when.
5) Harness the momentum of inspired employees - When employees fully understand their role in the organization, and are inspired by the organization’s vision, their productivity skyrockets. The Strategic Plan helps create the inspiration needed to propel the organization to greater heights.
6) RESULTS! - The quickest route between where an organization is and where it wants to be is revealed in the Plan. This provides the ultimate reward – the intended results for which all leaders are responsible!
Performance Potential works with organizations to create Strategic Plans that are usable and focus energies for results!
©2009 Resource Associates Corporation & Performance Potential